Granola makes a wonderful snack or as breakfast with your favorite milk. This tempeh granola takes it to the next level. You’ll get all the health benefit of tempeh (high in protein and Vitamin B12) without sacrificing on taste.
2 cups rolled oats
200g diced tempeh (1cm cubes)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup goji berries
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp salt
- Bake the tempeh in 180°C (350°F) for about 15 mins
- While the tempeh is baking, mix all other ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir until evenly combined.
- Add the baked tempeh to the granola mixture, stir and spread the mixture on a baking tray.
- Bake for about 20 mins in a 180°C (350°F) oven, remember to stir every 5-10 minutes until the oats are golden and toasty.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool. Store in an airtight container, it’ll keep well for 1 week or longer if you keep the container in the fridge. However, I am pretty sure it will be gone much earlier than that. You can put on top of your porridge, have it with your preferred milk. It also makes satisfying snacks.
- You can replace the sunflower seeds and nuts with pepitas and any other type of nuts. If you don’t have goji berries, you can either omit it from the recipe or easily replace with the sultanas or any other dried fruits.